Friday, August 13, 2010

Trust and Obey - in experience -

Trust and Obey can't be separated... it will be related each other. This year, God teaches me the new experiences about it... the fresh stories of my journeys of this year.
As i told before that God has taught me since 2008, it's about FAITH... and it's the preparation for me to face 2009... where my faith was increased more than before... about my mom and myself...(read : http://novitz.blogspot.com/2010/01/2009-full-of-memories-and-miracle.html )

Faith and Trust Him, I've experienced where Obedience took the important place, too... But last years the main thing was about Faith. And this year, the different things happened in me... 2 big experiences I have, and all about Obedience.

First, it's at the end of March...
When I was in a camp of praying and fasting, on the second day, God asked me to do something.. it's about restitution to someone far away from me. I thought, it's still OK if  I didn't do that... but I had to obey it, though it's too extreme... it's about my heart... about what i felt to my friend... One thing that I thought, I had to purify my heart... and God said, "I have a business with your heart not the other, and your business is with Me.."


He said that statement when I thought, "What will the other think about me? What will be happened with the response of my friend? Will our relationship be broken if I do it?"
Those questions and many else sometimes come when God asks us to obey... trying to make an excuse to avoid...
But I could pass it... I won it... conquered all of my fears... felt free after I said sorry... couldn't explain the feeling on that day...
And after that, God said something again to me, "Vi...don't you know that is what I want from you? I want your obedience..."

Second, it's just happened about 1 month...
It's about money. As we know, there is written, "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."
At the end of June, when I was at Sunday Service, a sermon was given by a leader whom I respect to... He's a best model who has given great impact in my life since I was in Junior High School. He shared about Mission...related to money and giving... He shared about the vision for education in Bali... because since a few years ago, he has been a leader of our church in that island. My heart felt so torn by the sermon... God reminded me about His calling in Education... i've ever dreamed being a teacher at school, but i haven't achieved it. I just join in a ministry of education dept. in my church. And God asked me to invest my money for the education and school which will be built in Denpasar.


I said to God, it's not a little amount for me though for others it's nothing. And actually, God asked the money which I hadn't received yet. I received it on July 13th...but He asked me long time before. I tried many times to test my heart if it's really an instruction from God or not...

July 13th, when I received the money, God reminded me to ask the account number... I delayed....
July 17th, when I was at Kingdom Financial Class, 1 session made me reminded again... I delayed...
July 18th, when I was at Sunday Service, the sermon was tickling my heart... I delayed...
July 20th, someone shared her devotion to me, it's about giving... and I... I couldn't delay it anymore...
Hahahaha... ^_^

I sms the leader of Bali, asking for the account number... and how I was surprised about his response... he and family were excited and strengthened by what i shared... more than what i imagined before... And a day after, i transfered the money to that bank account.

Woow... it's the greatest of my experience in giving... 1/6 of my 10 years working appreciation has been asked by God... never imagined...
But i believe... my obedience will give eternal impact... ^^
The other side, i learn to entrust my life, my money, my everything to Him.


I'll close this posting with a story... 
A doctor shared about his first son who's just been working. His wife asked the son, "Boy...what did you do with your first salary?"... and the son answered, "I gave it to church, mom.."
Then... after it, the same question came, and the same answer was given by the son... but this time, the mommy (the doctor's wife) asked another question to her son, "Boy, a few times you gave your money to the church... and how about your needs? What will you do if you don't have money anymore for your needs?"
Then the son answered, "It's easy, mom... if i don't have money anymore, i will ask to mommy or daddy.."


Friends... it's a simple story..but we could get a lesson from it...
We should have the response same as the son did... spirit like a child...
The doctor's son knew and believe that his parents still love and will give what he needed when he had no money.
We should Trust God and Obey Him, whatever He asks from us.
We should do it, because we have The Richest God.

So... what do you think right now?
Learn to Trust and Obey Him whatever it is.
Have a response like the doctor's son.
And get the new experience with Him.

Have a wonderful journeys and new experiences with Him.
He's with you... ^^


***

No comments:

Post a Comment