Saturday, September 25, 2010

a lesson from my past

A few days ago, I read an article in my friend's blog (little sister). She wrote about "a leader is still a human, too". That article brought me back to my past. There were many experiences between my leader and me. Sweet and sad memories were mixed... so... It has made me become Novita nowadays.

I grew in cell group since July 1995... after I followed one camp, called Leadership Boot Camp module A (Arrow). I met a couple of brother and sister...the brother was the one who became my leader. It's so great to know them. I could know many people in cell group. I felt and found a new family there. I learned to ministry in it, shaped in my characters by them, too....especially by my leader. He's a Sanguin - Choleric person with a little Melancholic temperament. As we know, a choleric person is very Dominant and good in controlling, so was he.

It's different than him, I was a calm person, not too much in speaking, to the point if I said something. So, sometimes I got a trouble with him, but now I know, it's good for me and shaped me to be a better person.
I could learn many things from him, though I had some conflicts with Him. I had a  sympathetic with him... I thought, he was a good model for me. But in other sides, after I recognized him more, I knew some of his fallings and downs... his weaknesses...  I couldn't accept it at first... why? why? and why? it's the question I  asked many times, but I learned to forgive him in many times...(through him I learned about forgiveness, cause I have a sad background with my father). But suddenly the big case came, I was shock for a while, couldn't accept it... hard to forgive him... until I could hear God spoke to me about that case...

God taught me about a total forgiveness...
God taught me about life...
God taught me about : "how perfect a leader that we see, he/she is still a human...who could be fallen and down unpredictably... he/she still needs a caring from us..."
Through that case, I learned about Leadership, too... 
Whenever I become a leader, I couldn't stand alone at the top... as a leader I still need community... need to build good relationship with the people whom I lead... 
A Leadership talks about building a relationship, become a friend for the others.

Those are what I learned from my past leader.
Through that manner, I could be a ready person when entered the working journeys...
I felt, God has prepared me before... I knew something worst than before... Facing the peoples (leaders) whom I couldn't imagine...
But.... those are we could call LIFE...
Nothing's Perfect... No one's Perfect, too...
Always need to Learn...Learn... and Learn (these're 3 words he's taught me, too)...
Learn to accept others...
Learn to forgive...
Learn to love... etc.

It's great to remember past things which bring good impacts for my life.

There's always a quiet quay behind the big storm


Life is a journey that we should enjoy...
So.. whatever journey you're in... enjoy it!!!
It will bring good experience for your life...which could teach you to be a better person.
Have a wonderful Journeys with Him....
God's with you... ^^



***

2 comments:

  1. do i know that 'little sister'? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hihihi...
    i think u don't know her...
    she's my mentee... ^^
    it's her blog if u want to recognize her...
    http://unhermososueno.blogspot.com/
    hehehe... but i was surprised when read ur posting "Everlasting"...almost same...about "imperfect"
    hehehe...

    ReplyDelete