Thursday, August 16, 2012

respecting authorities

"Do for others what you want them to do for you: this is the meaning of the Law of Moses and of the teachings of the prophets."
- Matthew 7:12 -

Do for others what we expect them to do for us... It's about the law of sow and reap... We can't ask others to do something if we don't do the same thing.
Sometimes it is very easy to say and to share this verse. Maybe we have heard about this sermon for many times. But the question is "Have we done it as our habit?"


I want to share what I learn these days about this theme of devotion. Oh yes, sometimes we can share the Word of God easily because we have known the logical meaning of the Word that we share. But, have we counted how many sharings which based on our personal experiences? 
This morning, suddenly my mind was disturbed by this thing and it made me thinking for along this Wednesday.

Respecting Others! Especially Respecting Authorities.
Easy to be said if we have good relationship with them.
Easy to be done if we have the same ways of thinking.

But, how it could be if there are some cases?
In example, if we have different opinion with them, if we know their weaknesses, if we have different principles or the way of thinking with them, Do we Still Be Able To Respect Them?

Those things came to me when I joined in a team-work two weeks ago. Facing different authorities made me learned to have good responses. It is not about the new people as my authorities, but about their leadership styles and temperaments which are contrary with mine... hahaha...
God reminded me to have good response to face them. Even though it was hard for me to accept, but I learned to have a humble heart and opened mind.

Respecting authorities needs a humble and sincere heart. When we know the weaknesses of our authorities, when we find the differences, we have to have those responses so we might have some adjustments with them without any difficulties. Without any difficulties? hahaha...
Yes! I am sure about it!
If we have had those responses as our daily habits, those good habits would become good characters in our lives.
The only challenge that we always face is ourselves!

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as though you were working for the Lord and not for men.




~novitz~

No comments:

Post a Comment