Friday, November 9, 2012

Vietnam - Cambodia Part 1

As I told before on my last posting that September was my happiest month, especially for this year... It's because I did a long trip to two different countries... They were Vietnam and Cambodia... ^^

at Mekong River - Vietnam

It started from May, when my aunt asked me if I wanted to join in her trip with her friends (co-workers) at office... She said to me that she wanted to pay the tickets then I'd pay the rest.
I agreed with her and started to arrange my schedule, then informed my leader to ask his permit for my leaving... I was surprised by every little thing I could face...

My trip was started on Sept 10 - Sept 15...
I went to Ho Chi Minh and Phnom Penh City... It was a nice trip in Ho Chi Minh because I had a handsome Indonesian tour guide...hahahaha... but he is younger than me...his name is John :p even though he is younger, but his face didn't show that he's younger... wkwkwkwk... :p (you can see the pic below)

John and I @ Chu Chi Tunnel

Here's the Diary...
Monday, Sept 10
We went to airport at afternoon because the flight was about 5pm... it took for about three hours until we arrived at Tan So Nhat airport - Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon City).
After our arrival for about 9pm, we changed our US Dollars into Dong first (Currency of Vietnam). Fortunately I had some Dong from Jakarta, so I just changed my US$ 40 = Dong 832.000.
After that, we went out then met with John, our tour guide who comes from Indonesia. It's a great opportunity to meet him, because we could speak Bahasa freely... hahahaha...

He took us to have dinner at an old Vietnamese resto. We ate a Vietnamese traditional food, pho (read: ve)... it's a rice noodle with vegetables and meat, where you can choose beef or chicken... at that night I chose chicken....
it's my chicken pho with cakwe (fried dough), chili, lemon, fish oil and Vietnamese tea

Next activity after finishing our dinner, we went to the Hotel... we stay at Tan Hai Long Hotel, near Ben Thanh Market... what a strategic place it was... ^^


Here is the story about my first night in Ho Chi Minh City....


~tbc~

1 comment: