Friday, August 26, 2011

My Second Time ... (=part 1=)

At the beginning of last month, I wrote about a journey that I would have... a gift from above... And now is the time for me to tell the story that I had for along six days in Singapore.


I was sent by my office to attend Leadership Conference held on 21st - 23rd of July, 2011. That's my second time going to Singapore by the grace of God. The first time was in 2006. Woow... almost 5 years ago...
But last month wasn't just for holiday as I had in 2006, that's an equiping for me, too.

I went there with some of my office friends... I stayed at Chinatown with 3 other persons in a small room without bathroom inside but with the lower price than others. Actually, I really enjoyed this trip...because it's like a second miracle for my life. But in fact, since the first day, there're many obstacles which could cheat the peace in my heart. Going with many friends isn't easy... that's what I experienced with my journey.
The circumstances challenged me to be more patient than before. You know, I'd written about Patient last year... Patient means long suffering... and I think, it was my new level of patient. Hahahaha....


I got many things for along the conference. All the topics talked about Heart, Mind and Habits. To be a better leader, we have to have a heart changing that started in our mind which could give impact to our habits. I joined a workshop about How to Prevent the Leadership Burnout. I realized that I had the symptoms of burnout. I knew the best way to prevent it, actually... and I tried to struggle and fight everyday to prevent it. The only best way to prevent it is to have good relationship with God...having a regular quiet time and solitude.

Great conference, i think!!!
I thought what I would do after following the conference....... ^^

tbc
***

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great conference... Leaning Patience is NOT easy... I'm still trying!!!! ha
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a good time at the conference! Thanks for stopping by. I'm so glad that storm is over. Now hopefully this next one will stay in the ocean away from anyone else.
    Hope you're having a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete